Posted On: Fri 25 Sep 2020 By Dr. Emezie Madu
Dr. Godwin Maduka hails from Umuchukwu in Orumba South Local Government Area of Anambra State.
Dr. Godwin Maduka is a Medical Practitioner, based in United States of America (USA). The MD/CEO Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center, USA.
He completed his graduate medical training at the Harvard University School of Medicine in Anesthesia, critical care and pain Management in 1997. Prior to his Harvard residency, Dr. Maduka completed his internal Medicine internship at the University Of Tennessee School Of Medicine.
Furthermore, Dr. Maduka completed a Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from Mercer University in Atlanta, Georgia in 1988 after completing his Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry with first class, from Rust College in Holly Springs, Mississippi in 1984.
Dr. Maduka is a “heart beat of America” Award winner and is widely recognized as a premier Physician in the Pain Management field. Dr Maduka also serves as the clinical Faculty Supervisor of Pain Management in Anesthesiology for Touro University Nevada’s College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Godwin Maduka has a Diplomate in Royal college of Surgeons, Diplomate in Minimally invasive spine surgery and medicine and professor in pain management, anesthesiology and in department of surgery.
SOME OF DR. GODWIN MADUKA'S PHILANTHROPIC PROJECTS
Beyond Dr. Godwin Maduka's career, he has taken it as a responsibility to transform his community Umuchukwu and other communities.
Over the last 20 years, he has completed various philanthropic projects which includes:
(1) Dr. Maduka built over 100 houses for indigent people and widows within his community and beyond.
Today, there is no more thatched house in the community. He has replaced every thatched house in the area with three or four bedroom bungalows. Such buildings bear green roofing aluminum zincs for easy identification
(2) He built magnificent duplexes for Anglican & Catholic Priests.
(3) He built two Cathedrals, one each for the Anglicans and Catholics.
(4) Four Storey Trinity Hospital and Maternity.
(5) Immaculate Conception International College 1 and 2 , with buses donated to them.
(6) Standard Divisional Police Headquarters for security, personally inaugurated by the former Police IG, Mike Okiro
(7) A magnificent Magistrate Court.
(8) A state of the art High Court.
(9) A standard market called (Afor Market) containing over 500 roofed open stalls, and over 100 lock up stores, all given out free of charge to traders.
(10) World class barracks for the Civil Defense staff.
(11) Two Monasteries for churches.
(12) Built Civic Centre for the Community and another Community Hall for his own Village.
(13) Modern Post office.
(14) Provided transformers to boost electricity in the community.
(15) Mighty edifices for Primary and Secondary Schools.
(16) He built magnificent duplexes for 5 of his Aides
(17) A gigantic Palace for the traditional ruler and donated a brand new SUV to him.
(18) Constructed 3 Bridges linking his community with nearby villages
(19) Built five stars Hotel known as Lion of Africa Resort.
(20) Constructed over 100 Km road network within Umuchukwu and other communities
(21) Donated Innoson Security trucks to Police and other security agencies.
(22) Built 17 floor skyscraper World class International Hospital/Health Research Institute. The tallest private Hospital in Africa.
(23) Donated about 100 motorcycles to the unemployed and underprivileged members of his community.
(24) Provision of scholarships to Students to study at Universities both in Nigeria and Internationally. He trained Medical Doctors and other Academics from Communities in Anambra State
25.He contributed millions to the building of a Church in Oko
26.He donated millions to the Religious, including the library building of Pope John Paul 11 Major Seminary Okpuno Awka
28.He contributed largely to the building of a town hall for Ihite Community and many other projects too numerous to mention.
Dr. Godwin Maduka is called the OKOSISI of Orumba because of his contributions to the people.
Dr. Godwin Maduka expanded the Judiciary, the first of its kind recognized by the National Judicial Council NJC and Anambra State Judicial Service Commission. He built where lands were made available for the use of every Anambrarian
He has a proposition for the building of a Police College
As a Governor he will be able to place needed structures in all the localities
Dr. Godwin Maduka is a man without boundary.
Dr. Maduka, while explaining his philanthropic gesture, said , I embarked on all these to save my people from the ugly experience I had while growing up. I grew up in a home that when it rained, it rained more inside than outside the house. Wealth would be meaningless if it cannot be used to better the lives of the people around the custodian.
#RightChoice #RightTime #Godwins